If you are a member of ITA or you have attended ITA events in the past, please sign in before registering.
If you are unsure of your login credentials, please contact us at email@example.com
Discover how design shapes our online experiences.
In partnership with General Assembly Chicago, we will dive into modern web UI design. You will learn the various components of user interface design for the web, as well as how to make informed decisions about which types of UI design elements to choose when designing a website. The course will cover effective layouts for site pages, as well best practice options for navigation, search, registration/account management, shopping carts and web copy style.
- Learn what the world of UX design encompasses and why it matters.
- Learn the basic principles of effective web UX/UI design
- Gain an understanding of best practices for web user interface design
- Obtain the ability to make informed decisions when creating a website user interface design
- Discover resources to continue learning about UX.
Bring your own laptop. Install the following software and register your accounts prior to the workshop. Note: These have 30 day trials so don't install/signup until a few days prior to the workshop).
- Wireframing: Balsamiq (MAC/PC)
- Prototyping: Sketch (MAC/PC) + InVision (Browser)
Who should attend?
This session is open to anyone who is interested in learning the basics of user experience design, why it matters, and how the principles can be applied.
Refunds for paid tickets are only available up to five business days prior to the event.
Meet the speaker:
Randy Ellis, Lead User Experience Designer, DigitasLBi
Randy is a life-long entrepreneur who has advocated the importance of design. With ambition and the desire to help others succeed. Randy founded his first online marketplace in 2013 receiving seed funding and notoriety for his vision in the local merchant space. He has had the privilege to consult for leading companies, most notably Edwards Life-sciences and Red Bull North America, Inc.
In partnership with: