In this Intel® Industrial IoT Workshop, through a combination of lectures, demos and hands-on exercises, you will learn about technology in the Industrial Manufacturing Industry.
Topics covered include the Intel Developer Program, the state of the art in industrial computer automation. In addition, we’ll cover how to boost your ROI by consolidating industrial processes on to fewer systems, virtualization of workloads and enabling real-time operating systems. During the second half of the first day, we’ll cover the IEEE extensions to the Ethernet protocol for Time Sensitive Networking and how serial protocols such as Modbus can be migrated to the newer OPC-UA standards. The second day will be dedicated to exploring the OpenVINO™ computer vision libraries and using the TICK stack for analyzing time-series data. It’s a very full two day workshop and attendees will:
- Learn how to prototype, deploy, manager consolidated workloads powered by Intel
- Receive hands-on training and experience with Intel software and hardware
- Engage with Intel experts to answer your technical questions
Goals of this workshop include clearing the IoT confusion created by the highly fragmented IIoT market, provide a big picture view of the value of Industrial IoT and introduce Intel IoT technologies that allow create next generation business processes. Based on overwhelmingly positive participant feedback, we trust that you will receive technical value with immediate application to your IoT endeavor.
Please register here!
*note: registration is not a guarantee of acceptance into the workshop. Registrants will receive confirmation if they are accepted to join.
- Intel Developer Program and Industrial IoT Strategy
- Real-Time System Hypervisors
- Clear Linux
- Intel VT-X, VT-D, VT-C, VT-G
- Real-Time and Deterministic Computer Systems
- Industrial Environment Constraints
- Yocto Preempt RT - Operating System
- CycleTest, Jitter, Latency
- Xenaomi Tools for measuring latency histograms
- Real-Time Networking
- Industrial Environment / Bus Protocols
- Profinet, Ethercat, Serial Communications - Modbus
- Examples of TSN in Production
- TSN - Future of Real-Time Communications
- 5. OPC-UA over TSN - EMEA
- Existing OPC-UA Controllers
- OPC-UA Pub/Sub overview
- PTP Time Sync
- Introduction to Analytics and the Insight Platform
- Time Series Data with the Tick Stack
- Computer Vision with OpenVINO
- Video Ingestion with the Insights Platform
- Video Analytics with Insights Platform
- Hardware Heterogeneity with Computer Vision
- Computer Vision Hardware Acceleration
Who should attend?
This premium educational workshop is for CTOs, CIOs, Senior BDMs, software developers, IoT architects, data scientists, business process engineers, business technology solutions specialists and individuals focused and/or interested in industrial IoT.
Registration for this event will be facilitated by Intel. Please register here!
**Please note - registration for the event does not guarantee attendance. Registration applications will be reviewed by the Intel and ITA teams, and participants will be notified if selected to attend. Preference will be given to ITA members.
On March 19, Intel experts Daniel Holmlund and Martin Kronberg joined us for a preview of the workshop via webinar. You can view the recording of the webinar here.
Meet the speakers:
Daniel Holmlund, Software Engineer
Daniel Holmlund is a software engineer at Intel working in the fields of industrial automation and machine learning. As part of the developer relations team he enjoys meeting with developers and attending industry related conferences.
Martin Kronberg, Technical Evangelist
Martin Kronberg is a Technical Evangelist for Intel’s Developer Relations Division. He is responsible for running workshops, creating content, and supporting the developer community in the Internet of Things environment. He is skilled in developing applications that interface hardware with cloud analytics across a wide range of topics including computer vision, robotics, and language processing.