A MODERN TWIST ON THE CLASSIC SCIENCE FAIR
Join Aptitive and technology partners like Microsoft, Snowflake, Tableau, and DataRobot for a one of a kind event on May 23rd from 5:30-7:30 at Marshalls Landing at the Merchandise Mart.
The (data) Science Fair showcases data driven projects from the whimsical to business forward. Featuring everything from a machine learning piano to a project that explores the customer journey of a local chicago retailer.
This event is structured like a science fair so you can browse the projects and ask the team questions on how they built them. Unlike a traditional science fair however, there will be a bar, food, and giveaways from our sponsors.
The (data) Science Fair showcases these projects from both the technical and business point of view making it relevant to everyone from highly technical developers to CEOs.
● Ludwig Von Apt-hoven
○ Our in-house composer will show you how machine learning can be applied to provide real-time data science on streaming data.
● Using an Algorithm to Predict Death in Game of Thrones
○ DataRobot will showcase their machine learning technology to calculate which characters are most likely to survive and ascend to the Iron Throne. Come see if they’re right!
● The Journey to Customer Conversion
○ Working with customer data of a Chicago retailer, we’ll analyze how customer touchpoints have historically affected conversion, the customers lifetime value, and their acquisition cost.
● If Name Tags Could Talk
○ Join the fun of the fair by visiting each booth and “checking in” to earn points. Spend these points later on for some valuable prizes.
○ See how you score against other attendees on our scoreboard, along with which booth is a fan-favorite. Our analytics practice will create custom dashboards for the fair, derived from the real-time data in our data warehouse.