If you are a member of ITA or you have attended ITA events in the past, please sign in before registering.
If you are unsure of your login credentials, please contact us at email@example.com
Join ITA and Launchways, alongside other alongside other expert speakers for an exciting half day program on the most relevant topics in human resources today. These topics will help you improve and strengthen your organization's culture, leading to a more inclusive, healthy and engaged company. During this program, made up of short, interactive conversations, you’ll walk away with a sense of what’s most pressing, gain new connections and takeaways that you can adapt and implement immediately.
Spend the morning away from the office and join our expert speakers to get in-person insights from those who have lived through it! You’ll also get the opportunity to interact with your peers before, after and during breaks in the programming, enriching the discussion even further.
8:30 – 9:00am – Check in & breakfast
9:00 – 10:30am – Career Development as a Game Organizational Changer: Maximize Performance, Engagement & Leadership Inside Your Organization, presented by Robyn Clark, Founder & President of WinningWise
- Career Development - today’s ticket for organizations to drive greater performance, engagement and leadership. It is the key to retention is for employees to see a future with your organization. With a strong emphasis on development, the leadership bench grows deeper and your organization has options for getting the right person in the right role. And as HR Professionals – what does this mean we need to do? Robyn will discuss how to get employees to meaningful development plans fueling growth, development, and most importantly greater performance inside your organization. She will also cover how both leaders and the employees can drive the development process. You will walk away from this engaging session with a new, fresh and “wiser” perspective on career development - and be ready to help strengthen Career Development in your organization.
10:30 – 10:40am – Networking Break
10:40 – 11:25am – Mental Health at Work: How to Create an Inclusive, Healthy Culture, presented by Natasha Krol, Principal, Mind Share Partners
- Up to 80% of people will experience a mental health condition in their lifetime. That means mental health affects every conference call, every meeting, and every team. Each year, companies lose 217M days and $17B in lost productivity. Furthermore, mental health stigma decreases employee engagement, inclusion, and physical health. More and more, employees are demanding that companies take a stand--both for the sake of their people and for the bottom line. The good news is that individuals, managers, and company leaders can take straightforward steps to reduce the stigma of mental health, promote psychological safety, increase inclusion, and reduce barriers to treatment.
11:25 – 11:45am – How to Design a High-Impact Employee Benefits Program that Makes Your Workforce Happier and Healthier, presented by Alex Koglin, Sr. Employee Benefit Client Manager, Launchways
- Your employees are what fuel your business’ success and growth, and you want them to be invested in your company’s well-being. The best way to make sure that happens, and to build a happy and productive team, is to genuinely care about their happiness and health. HR Leaders are reminded to look at your benefits package with the desire to provide your employees with the care and support they need. During this presentation you will learn:
- How to use workforce healthcare utilization data and employee surveys to intelligently structure healthcare plans and improve your workforce’s benefits experience with comprehensive employee benefits education and smart enrollment technology
- How to address physical, mental, and financial wellness in your workforce and leverage telehealth technology to improve workforce’s health and reduce absenteeism
11:45 – 12:05 pm – How to Become a Data-Driven HR Leader: Actionable Strategies to Build an HR Business Case and Collaborate Better with Finance, presented by Jim Taylor, CEO, Launchways
- How do you go about putting together a business case that will win over senior leadership and help you speak the language of your Finance counterpart? During this workshop-style session Launchways HR advocates will teach you actionable strategies to become a data-driven HR Leader. During this session you will learn how to have conversations around data and look at initiatives analytically, speak the language of Finance and prove Return on Investment (ROI) and build a business case for initiatives and get the budget you need approved.
12:05 – 1:00pm – Lunch and networking
Refunds for paid tickets are only available up to five business days prior to the event. Tickets are non-transferable.
Meet the Speakers:
Robyn Clark, Founder & President, WinningWise
As Founder and President of WinningWise, a firm dedicated to developing leadership, organizational and individual capability for driving sustainable change and growth, Robyn is committed to partnering with leaders and organizations to help them achieve new and better outcomes. She delivers a fresh point of view and a differentiating development experience that drives both insight and awareness while building real capability in leaders and organizations. Robyn personally invests herself in her clients’ success. She builds strong relationships of trust and dedicates herself to understanding her clients’ unique needs and points of view. She’s an exceptional facilitator with a passion for continual learning and innovative creativity. Robyn challenges others to stretch, take personal risks and think boldly. She delivers exceptional solutions with cutting-edge results that enable individuals and organizations to thrive by meeting the needs of both sides.
Alex Koglin, Sr. Employee Benefit Manager, Launchways
Alex Koglin is the Senior Employee Benefit Client Manager at Launchways, where he maintains relationships with a wide catalogue of group benefit clients. Alex works with each client organization to develop benefit strategies, manage carrier relationships, and ensure clients get the support, tools, and knowledge they need to succeed. As a Wellness Council of America (WELCOA)-certified benefits consultant, Alex stays up-to-date on cutting-edge, cost-saving employee health and wellness approaches that help businesses maximize the value of their benefits program while staying growth- and profitability-minded. His specialty is helping fast-growing, mid-market businesses build a benefit strategy that’s scaled to and aligned with the client’s goals and fully supports a diverse, inclusive workforce with a variety of backgrounds and needs.
Health and wellness aren’t just Alex’s job; they’re his passion. In addition to his work with Launchways, he is a certified yoga instructor who teaches people all over Chicago how to incorporate yogic breathing, mindfulness, and body movement into their everyday routines in order to improve their lives.
Natasha Krol, Principal, Mind Share Partners
Natasha Krol leads Mind Share Partners’ workplace training and strategic advising. She builds high impact relationships with companies, advising and training leaders, managers, and employees on how to create a culture of support for mental health. Natasha is also focused on expanding our impact to meet client needs across industries and geographies.
Natasha has spent her career working with organizations to improve organizational health and effectiveness, with an emphasis on increasing equity. She has worked with organizations in the US, Africa, and Asia, and has advised clients and led workshops across a diverse set of private, public, and social sector audiences. Previously, Natasha was the Founding Executive Director of the College Transition Collaborative (CTC) at Stanford University. Prior to CTC, Natasha worked as a management consultant at McKinsey & Company and as the Director of Chicago’s Plan for Economic Growth and Jobs.
Jim Taylor, CEO, Launchways
James “Jim” Taylor is the founder and CEO of Launchways, one of the Midwest’s leading solution providers for human resources, payroll, employee benefits, and business insurance. Since 2009, Jim has specialized in helping businesses of all sizes plan for and deliver growth through well-scaled HR infrastructure. Jim is proud to apply his two decades of business experience and wisdom to help human resources leaders operate as efficiently as possible in order to provide tremendous value for the organization and its employees while still leaving room for growth. He connects businesses with innovative approaches that minimize the tactical aspects of HR through automation so they can focus on strategic HR planning and leadership.
In addition to his work with HR professionals, James is also highly active in the Chicago community, serving as a committee member with the Chicago Workforce Innovation Board and supporting a variety of local non-profits, including the Danny Did Foundation and the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship.