Approach Your Large-Scale Hiring Needs As a Strategic Initiative
Monday, March 11, 2019
Posted by: Kaylin Berg
Matt Massucci, Founder & Managing Partner, Hirewell
Here’s a story you probably know, you’re hiring a handful of people, and so it’s easy to overlook certain things. You may even get away with it in small doses. But kicking off a large-scale hiring initiative is a different story entirely. To make a lot of hires in a small amount of time you have to be smart and success is all about taking a strategic approach to your recruiting, designing and implementing a consistent interview process and ensuring that everyone in the organization is on the same page.
The Challenges & Pitfalls
There are plenty of things that can wrong when it comes to hiring. Everyone wants to point fingers, but at the end of the day, all blame will fall on the recruiting team if quality talent is not identified quickly.
One challenge you may encounter is a reluctance to change. Human beings prefer for things to stay the same and the inclination is to believe that things are working as is. A process that works for occasional hires oftentimes will not work when going to scale.
There is also the lack of time. Everyone is busy. Hiring is one of five plus things that busy leaders need to worry about. Hiring in general takes an investment of your organization’s time and bandwidth. Large-scale hiring initiatives take that to whole new level. How are you going to make that work?
And lastly, do you have the right team in place to deliver top talent? Some companies are not fundamentally set-up to successfully undergo a large scale hiring initiative. If the necessary people, skills and leadership are not in place, you face an uphill battle.
The Three Most Important Questions for Success
- Do you have a plan? We can’t stress this enough. You have to know what you’re trying to accomplish, understanding your business need, the roles you need to fill, the skills required and your approach to recruiting for these positions.
- Do you have a good story to tell? You need everyone involved to be on the same page. The message needs to start at the top, where are we going and how are we going to get there? That story needs to be told by everyone in the organization. Top talent will have plenty of opportunities. They need to understand why this opportunity stands above the rest.
- How are you going to execute the plan? Do you and everyone involved know what you’re hiring for? Can you explain what you’re hiring for? Who is going to handle the each part of the recruiting process? And can everyone explain the hiring process and how it’s going to be executed?
How Hirewell & the MRP Help You in Telling Your Story
When bandwidth is an issue, and the project is too big for your organization to take on, we’re prepared to enhance your mass hiring efforts.
- We can drive the change
- We can play strategic advisor
- We have a wealth of knowledge and deliver
- We can help define the recruiting process
- We have a network of experienced recruiters
And with our Management Recruitment Program (MRP) we can help you hire a lot of people, for a variety of positions in a short amount of time. With an MRP You receive:
A strategic plan that identifies your objectives, assesses the type of roles you need to fill and provides a recommendation for the number of hires needed to fill those role.
A dedicated team of expert recruiters, including a dedicated recruiting lead who will get to know your company’s culture, processes and tendencies; this person will act as a consulting and recruiting arm to your organization.
A cost-effective solution to fill roles quickly with quality talent that fit for your organization.
We also act as chameleons and customize our approach to your organization’s culture. Doing so enables us to think strategically and find the right people quickly. We do that by embedding ourselves into your culture and constantly reminding ourselves that there are human beings on both sides of the matches we make.
In the end, we help you tell your story, by helping you write it, and keep writing it, so that your story keeps evolving, and keeps building on itself, while always remaining compelling.
To make a large-scale hiring initiative work, you have to have a plan and the right team to deliver on that plan.
It also requires being strategic.
Having a plan. And executing it.
And when the time is right, being ready to go.
When needed you can also count on our Management Recruitment Program to bolster your hiring efforts and help you tell your story.
Hirewell is Your Partner to Help You Make The Best Hires for Your Organization
We’re here to provide you with the knowledge and support you need to get your plan started.
This post originally appeared on the Hirewell blog, here.