ITA Spotlight: Talend
Thursday, November 14, 2019
Posted by: Gary Hotze
Marty Skerjan, Regional Vice President, Talend
1. How was Talend started?
Talend was founded in 2005 by Fabrice Bonan and Bertrand Diard and they were looking to identify a gap in the enterprise information world. There’s data everywhere, but no simple or single solution to put it all together and get the most value out of it. The two entrepreneurs founded Talend to modernize data integration
2. What problem do you solve and how do you solve it better than the competition?
Talend solves todays data integration requirements for digital transformations.
3. What does Talend solution do?
Talend is a single suite of apps for date integration & data integrity, delivering trusted data at the spend of business.
4. Are you headquartered in Chicago? What made you choose Chicago? If you are not headquartered in Chicago, what made you open an office here?
Talend HQ is Redwood City, CA and our original HQ was Paris, France. Talend product development is still in Paris, France.
5. How are you supporting the Chicago tech community philanthropically?
Talend has had a Talend User group in Chicago for two+ years and recently had a Talend Chicago user group meeting at Car.com in September.
6. What’s the coolest perk Talend’s office has?
At Talend’s HQ, we have an impressive snack and beverage room for mid-afternoon snacking.
7. What are the growth and scaling opportunities within Talend’s industry?
Talend has been growing by 30%+ over the last three years and Talend’s Cloud revenue has had a 40%+ growth.
8. How has your company culture evolved as Talend has grown?
We were founded in Paris, France and when we went public on Nasdaq in 2016, we established our headquarters in Redwood, City, CA. We are very proud of our company values – Passion, Agility, Integrity, Jenesais Quoi, Team
9. What are your primary goals for Talend?
For Talend to be the data integration solution for companies going through a digital transformation or migrating to the cloud.
10. Best recent Illinois event that you?
Michael Tuchen (CEO – Talend) hosted a customer dinner at Formentos on September 18th for 15 Chicago customers.